12 Best Electric Razor For Elderly Man
The best electric razor for elderly men is one that is easy to use and efficient, making it ideal for those who have arthritis or other mobility problems. It should be able to provide a close shave without any irritation or pain. Additionally, the electric razor should be lightweight, and easy to clean and store. We'll also provide some tips on how to choose the right one for you and some advice on how to use it properly. So whether you're a man aged 50 or older, or you're looking to buy your first electric razor, read on to find out all you need to know!
- Philips Norelco Shaver 2300
- Men’s 5-in-1 AsaVea Series Rechargeable Shaver
- Braun Electric Shaver 3040s
- Remington Electric Shaver Series F5-5800
- Philips Norelco Series S8950/91
- Dry Electric Shaver - Andis 17150(TS-1)
- The Best - New Panasonic Arc4 ES-LA63AA
- Braun Electric Razor 5190cc
- Panasonic Electric Shaver Series Arc5 LV95
- Philips Norelco Electric Shaver Series S9721/89
- Braun Electric Razor 9370cc
- Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Best Electric Shaver Non Sensitive Skin
- Go to table of content
Points to keep in mind are:
- Wet or dry – most electric razors offer wet and dry options for use in the bath or shower. Try to choose one with a wet and dry option.
- If you have sensitive skin, go for the ones which are suitable for your skin!
- Battery Life - look for a razor with a lithium-ion battery, Because these are compact and store a generous amount of energy. Inexpensive electric shavers are more likely to use nickel-cadmium cells.
- Make sure you can change the battery yourself. You don't want that to be something that only the manufacturer can do.
- If the electric shaver has a cleaning station, make sure if it is included in the price or you have to pay extra for it.
- Try to find the cost of cleaning cartilages, blades, and foil. Let us hope later than sooner you will have to buy them.
- Remember to keep the original box in case of problems. Some brands will not exchange a faulty electric razor if you don't have the original box!
The Best Electric Shaver For Elderly Man In Each Category
If you have sensitive skin, there is nothing for you in this review for under $100. Otherwise, go with the Andis 17150(TS-1).
Under $200, I will choose the New Panasonic Arc4 ES-LA63AA , as an elderly man you can't go wrong.
As best electric razors for elderly men at a price over $200, I will choose the Braun electric shaver 9370cc.
Best Electric Razor For Older Man Under $100 In Price
- About 17000 ratings.
- Most popular electric shaver under $100.
- Self-sharpening blades.
- Dry only
- The flexible razor head adjusts to the curves of your face.
- Trimmer for mustache and sideburns.
- One-touch open for easy cleaning.
- Corded and cordless use.
- 40 min cordless. NiMH battery.
- Use SH30 shaving heads for replacement.
A basic rotary electric razor that has three cutting heads, those three heads can bend inward and remain in contact with your skin.
Integrated pop-up trimmer for on-the-fly adjustments.
The shaver is water-resistant so that you can clean it under the tap, but let's not forget the electric shaver is dry only.
Pros Norelco Shaver 2300
Cons Norelco Shaver 2300
- About 5600 ratings.
- Shaving without dead ends.
- Multi-functional with five detachable heads.
- Lithium battery with 2 hours of charge time, for 60 minutes of use.
- Don't use shaving cream or gel, it will clog the screens. Dry only.
- Replacement can be found on Amazon.
The five shaving elements head on the razor reduces irritation and enlarges the contact area, providing a smooth and comfortable shaving experience.
A decent head electric razor!
This trimmer is multi-functional. One can use its five detachable heads for everything from grooming your beard to trimming those pesky nose hairs..
Pros Men’s 5-in-1 AsaVea
Cons Men’s 5-in-1 AsaVea
- About 10000 ratings.
- Pressure-sensitive shaving elements.
- Blades automatically retract to protect your skin.
- Very smooth on your skin.
- 2 rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Wet and dry electric shaver.
- Waterproof razor up to 5 meters.
- Easy to clean.
Braun's patented SensoFoil offers protection from cutting your skin with ultra-sharp blades. Three specialized elements work to give you a smooth and closer shave.
The Micro Comb catches more hair with the first stroke for a faster and more comfortable shave.
Pressure-sensitive blades automatically retract to protect your skin.
Pros Braun Electric 3040s
Cons Braun Electric 3040s
4. Remington Electric Shaver Series F5-5800
- About 16500 ratings.
- Stays close to skin for smooth results.
- Pop up Trimmer.
- Easy to Clean and Washable.
- Li-ion battery, 2 hr charging time for 60 min shave.
- SPF-300 replacement foils and blades.
- Made in China.
- No warranty.
The two external blads cut the hair at skin level, while the larger device in the middle is designed to pre-cut longer hairs.
The shaving head of the F5-5800 model is designed with a swivel function that permits it to move up and down; the three cutting elements can move independently.
It is waterproof so the best way to clean it is under the tap.
Pros Remington F5-5800
Cons Remington F5-5800
5. Philips Norelco Series S8950/91
- About 9300 ratings.
- This rotary razor has precision blades that cut hairs up to 30% closer.
- Wet or dry electric shaver.
- SmartClean system cleans, lubricates, and dries the shave.
- Beard Styler with 5 built-in length settings.
- 50 minutes of shaving time, with a 3 level LED battery life indicator, recharge in 1 hour.
- Li-ion battery.
- Full 2 year warranty.
- SH90/62 replacement shaving heads.
Contour Detect Technology - A fancy marketing term.
Precision trimmer with 5 settings.
Pros Philips Norelco S8950/91
Cons Philips Norelco S8950/91
- About 30000 ratings.
- Engineered to deliver the sharp performance.
- Titanium foils provide the perfect shave.
- 80 min work time.
- Lithium batteries.
- Dry only.
- Very affordable.
Two staggered micro-foils that move independently.
Pros Andis 17150(TS-1)
Cons Andis 17150(TS-1)
Quality Electric Razor For Elderly Men For A Price Of Under $200
7. The Best - New Panasonic Arc4 ES-LA63AA
- About 4000 ratings.
- Shaver with micro-thin stainless-steel foils.
- Pivoting head to all 4 directions.
- Curved shaver head moves effortlessly across the skin.
- Pop up trimmer.
- Acute 30-degree cutting edge.
- High-performance linear motor.
- Panasonic WES9068PC Electric Razor Replacement Hypoallergenic Ultra-thin
All features of the ARC 4, just click to zoom in.
Easy cleaning - just power on and rinse under warm, running water after every use to remove hair build-up.
30° edge, ultra-sharp inner blades lift flat lying hairs and cut them cleanly at the base.
Pros New Panasonic Arc4 ES-LA63AA
Cons New Panasonic Arc4 ES-LA63AA
- About 3400 ratings.
- AutoSensing motor for efficient shaving.
- 8-Direction multi flex pivoting head.
- Wet and Dry shaving, 100% waterproof razor.
- Clean & Charge Station.
- Middle trimmer for hair growing in different directions.
- 1 hour charge for 50 min usage. Li-Ion battery.
A flexible shaving head adapts in 8 directions for constant skin contact, even in difficult areas.
Includes Docking Station: Charges, Clean, Lubricates.
A specialized middle trimmer captures flat-lying facial hair and hair growing in different directions.
Pros Braun 5190cc
Cons Braun 5190cc
9. Panasonic Electric Shaver Series Arc5 LV95
- About 12000 ratings.
- 5-Blade Shaving System for a Close Shave.
- Intelligent sensor detects beard density and adjusts motor speed.
- Shaver head pivots in various directions.
- Wet/Dry Operation and Built-in Precision Trimmer.
- Li-Ion battery provides 40-min usage.
- Foils and blades are a bit pricey (part number WES9032P),
All features of the ARC 5, just click to zoom in.
As you shave, the electric shaver head has four shaving elements. It moves side-to-side and back-and-forth, following individual facial contours for the ultimate in close, personalized comfort.
Manual clean or use clean station.
Pros Panasonic Arc5 LV95
Cons Panasonic Arc5 LV95
Top Electric Razor For Older Men Over $200
- About 1900 ratings.
- Designed for a close and clean shave even on a three day beard.
- Each shaving head independently moves in 8 directions to follow your face's every curve.
- Wet and Dry shaving.
- Has three different shaving speeds to feet your skin and hair type.
- Smart cleaning system. Cleans, lubricates, dries and charges your shaver.
- Facial Cleansing Brush.
- Lithium-ion battery, 60 min shaving time for 1 hour charge.
- The shaver is made in the Netherlands but the cleaning charging stations are made in China
The stainless steel blades follow every contour of your face and neck with 8-directional Contour Detect technology.
It comes with a cleaning station, at the same time can be cleaned nicely under the tab.
Click the SmartClick facial cleansing brush on your shaver and use it with your preferred face wash.
Pros Philips Norelco S9721/89
Cons Philips Norelco S9721/89
11. Braun Electric Razor 9370cc
- About 6700 ratings.
- 5 shaving elements.
- Made in Germany.
- Trimmer reinforced with Titanium coating.
- 10 direction flexible head.
- Wet and Dry. 100% waterproof.
- Li-Ion battery, 50 min run time.
Five shaving elements
Four cutting elements and 1 SkinGuard work together seamlessly, so you get the best efficiency and the best skin comfort.
5-action alcohol-based Clean&Charge station removes shaved stubble to clean the shaver hygienically. Plus, it automatically lubricates and charges your shaver.
Ten-direction flexible head and floating shaving elements, adapts to your skin and capture more facial hair even in hard to reach places to provide a gentle shave.
Pros Braun 9370cc
Cons Braun 9370cc
- About 1350 ratings.
- 4-blade, dual-motor shaving system.
- Multi-Flex(TM) pivoting head.
- Automatic Cleaning & Charging Station. Works very well.
- Wet and Dry electric shaver.
- Lithium Ion- 45 min usage after 1 hour recharge.
- 5-minute quick charge.
- Spares: Foil WES9165PC, Blades WES9068PC
The electric shaver features micro-thin, stainless steel foils to capture more hair, lift and hold whiskers while four ultra sharp blades cut hair cleanly at the base for a closer shave.
Flexible head ensures smooth, uniform motion along each of the individual contours of the face.
High-performance linear motor designed to shave at high speeds.
Pros Panasonic ES-LA93-K
Cons Panasonic ES-LA93-K
Good value for money!
FAQ Regarding Electric Razors Shaving Experience
What is the best men's electric razor for a close shave?
New Panasonic Arc4 ES-LA63AA! Best electric shaver under $200, Good value for money, Use it for sensitive skin! In my opinion it is the best BUY. Read the review here.
What type of men electric razor should I buy? foil or rotary
There are two primary types of electric razors: foil and rotary.
The head of a rotary shaver can also bend and flex to follow any contours of your face. Foil razors have either two or three heads that move back and forth over a thin piece of metal called the screen or foil.
Foil razors are usually more aggressive and suitable for coarser hair. Rotary razors, on the other hand, Rotary razors are gentler, making them great for people with finer hair. Understand your skin and hair before One.
Is it complicated to clean an electric razors ?
The easiest way to clean an electric shaver is to remove the head, restrain hair with a cleaning brush or tapping and then wipe it off.
If you are using the clippers' blades to trim hair, make sure you periodically remove any fibers that might have accumulated on each blade.
Some models of electric shavers can be hand-washed when the razor is not plugged into an electrical outlet, and most come with a small comb used to remove hair from the nooks and crannies.
Some electric razors come with a self-cleaning option. These razors are quickly cleaned by placing them inside the storage base.
The storage base/cleaning station is extra with some electric razors; some Electric razors are sold with or without the cleaning station; if you think that you can clean it yourself, don't waste money on the cleaning station.
How Often Should Electric Razor Blades Be Replaced?
There are different razors on the market, so you will need to check your model for information about replacing blades and cutters.
One can find the frequency for changing blades in the instruction manual.
When you notice that your razor isn’t giving the same shave as it used to, or once in 6 to 12 months.
Is A Cleaning Station A Necessity for electric shavers?
Though not a necessity, the convenience and luxury offered by a cleaning station features are why some models are pricey.
Electric razors are often released in multiple styles. One of them includes a clean and charge station, whereas the other doesn't.
Can You Use Gel Or Foam With An Electric Razor?
Use a shaving gel or shaving foam with an electric shaver that has wet/dry capabilities. If your electric razor is not capable of this, do not use it.
shavIng head Should be Done with a razor or electric?
Shaving Head - with a high-quality electric razor, you will be able to achieve smooth and close shaves without risking injury or other mishaps. It is sometimes nearly impossible to safely shave other body parts with other traditional razors because the nature of the blades makes them too difficult to apply safely on sensitive areas like around your face, neck, upper chest area, armpits and others.
Is it better to shave wet or dry with a men electric razor?
Shaving is an art and comes with practice. It’s a good idea to try wet shaving the first few times, but once you get the hang of it, dry shaving can save you time and money since there’s no need for shaving cream or rinsing. However, in contrast to wet shaving, dry shaving is often faster and can be easier to do when in a hurry; however, one sacrifice for this convenience is that dry shaving can lead to more nicks and cuts than wet shaving. This could be because when using a safety razor like the Mach3 Turbo (see above), the blades actually touch your skin. Safety razor blades are engineered to cut hair not skin, which means the smoother glide of the blade over your skin actually prevents some nicks - therefore explaining why wet shavers can achieve better "quality" of shave.
shaving should be done in the morning or at night?
If you're someone who likes to get up and get ready in the morning, that's fine. But you're probably shaving at the same time. Unless you need to be absolutely clean shaven first thing in the morning, shift your shaving routine to the evening. After a long night of sleep, blood and other fluids have accumulated in your head. The skin is loose and you'll get a closer shave. Just remember, getting a closer shave means you'll be more visible to your friends and family, so you might want to plan ahead.